Sun-Kissed Calendula Salve


My summer calendula patch
  In september I harvested all my calendula flowers and started the process for making a salve. I wrote a post then explaining how to make the infused calendula oil so here is the finish to that post. After 2 months of soaking my calendula flowers in oil it was time to use the potent and delicious smelling oil. Just in time for Christmas! Calendula salve is traditionally used to soothe and heal mild burns, bruises, cuts and rashes. But in the summer I use salve a lot to help nourish my thirsty skin from gardening and sun!

Strain the calendula flower infused oil through cheesecloth
Strained infused calendula oil
Grate beeswax, 2 ounces of beeswax to 1 cup calendula  oil
Combine the infused oil with beeswax and heat until all is melted.  Stir frequently.
Once satisfied with consistency pour into jars!
Kyra's Medicinal Salve, infused with comfrey, calendula and plantain
Sun kissed calendula infused salve
Then enjoy all year long!

Labels: , , , , , ,